Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January going-ons

I had a mini-vacation of 6 days off last week.  No reason, it's just how my schedule worked out.  When I started up again last week . . . there's really nothing interesting to report.  I had some sweet old men patients.  Love them.  Treatments went well.  Still working on cultivating good rapport with the docs (they are kind of aloof).  I was on call this weekend.  I worked a full Saturday and 7 hours Sunday.  Yesterday and today are off.  Yesterday was spent doing blessedly little.  A few chores and errands, a long walk with Ben and Jack.  Lots of Jack time.  I made Ben go to the library to study so I could "feel like a mom" and have alone time with my little dude.  Last night we stayed in.  Played some Dance Central on Kinect.  Watched TV and munched on PB and chocolate chip cookies.  Why can't I make PB cookies that are soft and chewy?  It's impossible!

Today doesn't feel quite so free.  Although I got to sleep past 5 am (for real!  Jack didn't wake until 6!), and I'm twiddling my thumbs so I started this blog post, I have a full day.  A conference call in 30 minutes to discuss opening our new dialysis unit tomorrow.  Then the first dance rehearsal for Amanda's school.  With drive time I'll be gone from 1:30 to 6.  Need to put together a meal plan and shopping list for Ben too.  Not much I know, but it means if I want to knit today I better do it now while Jack is napping.

Here's a Jack video, because, why not?


Disappearing Food from Rachel Mason on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

This may sound weird, but we were out of eggs last week when Will and I were making PB & chocolate chip cookies. We'd already started and you can't really unpromise cookies to a two-year-old, so I substituted the egg with 3/4 cup of pumpkin. You couldn't taste the pumpkin at all and the cookies were fabulously chewy.