Saturday, July 06, 2013

A Long 4th of July

Jack and I descended on my parents abode for the holiday week.  I had three goals:
1) Pick up baby things I had stored at their house
2) Do more work training
3) Put Jack in the pool

Happily, I accomplished all three!  Amanda was able to come down too.  Ben had a quiet week back in Arvada while we brought the non-stop questions and playing to Grand Junction.  I think we swam every morning and evening, about 3 hours a day at least.  It was great fun.

As usual, more pictures and video are on my flickr photostream.  

Pre-trip, dancing with stars at Story Time.
IMG_7386IMG_7389

On the evening we arrived Jack was ready to swim.  He was so zonked by the end of the day, I found him in this position at bedtime and he hadn't moved by morning. 
IMG_7397IMG_7398

Legos
IMG_7399

Periscopes and Parachutes
IMG_7400

IMG_7404 

We found that the best flotation tool was a noodle.  He could stay afloat and move around better than with the vest or the water wings.   


IMG_7416




The slide was a big hit.


He didn't expect to go underwater again.  But he was really brave about it every time!


IMG_7429

On the Fourth, we went with pool glowing toys instead of fireworks. 
IMG_7434

Grandpa juggling
IMG_7436
Glowstick balls
IMG_7442

The fire pit had a little gas leak or we would have made s'mores on it.
IMG_7443

Sad to leave on Friday, but excited to see Dad in Arvada. 
IMG_7446

No comments: