Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Unexpected Quiet

I called in to work at 8 am to see if my ICU treatment was a go.  It was not.  So I'm on day call (hellooo callback pay!).  Ben packed up Jack to Bailey.  His parents are staying in the condo so they will play with Jack while Ben does homework up there.  I'm left with a clean house and no agenda.  How nice! 

Jack's birthday was really really fun.  What wasn't pictured was all the times his grandparents took him out for walks to the park while Ben and I stayed home.  Also I went to Zumba.  It was so good.  It really feels good to exercise again.  It totally wipes me out, but not as bad as at first.  What DID wipe me out yesterday was eating a small steak salad at 11:30 for lunch, going to Zumba for an hour, then frosting Jack's cake.  Like usual I taste-tested the frosting and licked up any spills on my fingers.  I think I sent myself in a little hyperglycemic episode.  I laid down for a while and drank a lot of water.  When I felt a little better I came downstairs and Jack obliged me with cuddling and Yo Gabba Gabba. 

But I felt better by dinnertime and we had a tasty meal, followed by cake, ice cream, berries and cream.  Brian poked fun at my diet slice of cake.

One more day of Atkins to go.  Ben and I agree that although we indulged yesterday, we ate a LOT less than we normally would have.  No afternoon ice cream, no buns with our sausages, no lemonade, no doritos, no potato salad, no potato chips, and very small cake portions.  I went from an all time low (since 2007) of 155.5 pounds yesterday up to 157.5 today.  But Ben lost another pound over the same night.  And I'm the one who exercised.  Go figure.

Well, I'm gonna go set up my spinning machine and enjoy the quiet.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your diet/exercise achievements! Don't fret about the day-to-day fluctuations. 2 pound weight difference in 24 hours = mostly water, not fat. Sounds like you and Ben were pretty diligent! I mean, that slice of cake could only have been thinner if you'd frozen the cake! Again, congratulations.

WillYum